Dark Wood Flooring Bedroom Ideas Grey Laminate Flooring Ideas and Pics of Amtico Flooring Living Room Tip 66372695 engineeredhardwood rusticfloorDark Wood Flooring Bedroom Ideas Grey Laminate Flooring Ideas and Pics of Amtico Flooring Living Room Tip 66372695 engineeredhardwood rusticfloorMark Burns Flooring Save Images Mark Burns Flooring Dark Wood Flooring Bedroom Ideas Grey Laminate Flooring Id #amtico
Although laminate flooring is very attractive, it is difficult to repair scratches. Since only the top layer of the floor is colored, it is quite difficult to perform the sanding or polishing process to remove scratches. In this case, the process would take advantage of the excess surface and expose more of the plate. This can be avoided by using a laminate repair kit, which is available in every hardware store in various variants with manufacturer's instructions.
Remove minor scratches:
- Choose a repair kit with the same color as your laminate floor. If the same color is not available, a gloss can be added later. Repair kits are usually supplied with a marker, a filler and a paint.
-The small scratches can be covered with a marker.
- Deep scratches can be filled with pencil or colored pencil / putty. The manufacturer's manual may be helpful in this case.
- Lightly sand the area with fine-grained sandpaper to align the fill level with the surface of the soil. Sand the floor to remove the excess filler and wipe the laminate repair with a damp cloth to remove any dust or excess filler.
- If necessary, the paint can be applied with the small brush to match the gloss of the floor. The paint must be applied as a thin line and the edges should be touched for a good finish. Sand the paint and after drying, level with the surface.
Remove deep scratches:
- Choose a repair kit with the same color as your laminate floor. The kit comes with seam filler, marker and paint. Shine can be added later with the paint.
- Allow ventilation. Clean the scratch with acetone. However, other solvents included in the kit may be used.
- Apply the filler or putty to the paper plate and mix with the putty knife until it hardens, if it is not an epoxy material. If this is the case, mix the specified ingredients in the proportions specified in the instruction manual until the color becomes even.
- Apply the filler or putty material to the putty knife and then apply it to the scratch. Apply the spatula a second time vertically after the first hit.
-The excess filler or putty can be removed with a cloth dipped in solvent. Repeat the process if the coat shrinks during drying.
- Use a fine-grained sandpaper to grind the surface. If necessary, repair the scratch with a marker. Apply the paint and let it dry. Sand it for a shiny look.