Yulf Design & Flooring 7″ x 48″ x 12mm Laminate Flooring | Wayfair
Laminate flooring is one of the most popular floor coverings today. They are stylish, durable and easy to clean. Because of these advantages, many homeowners prefer the laying of laminate flooring than any other type of flooring. However, there are also a number of disadvantages. Read this article, where we explain the advantages and disadvantages of laminate flooring.
Advantages of laminate flooring
First, let's take a look at the benefits that make laminate flooring an excellent choice for any home office. They withstand a strong pedestrian traffic without problems. This makes them the perfect choice for areas near doors, living rooms, etc., where traffic is generally high.
Laminate floors are very strong and durable. Once you have them installed, they will keep their looks for a longer period of time.
- They are low maintenance and can be easily cleaned. A simple vacuum cleaner or broom keeps it clean on a regular basis.
- If you are looking for laminate flooring in the market, you will be surprised by the number of colors and designs available. This ensures that, regardless of your preferences, there is a laminate floor that suits your taste.
- Compared to other floor coverings like hardwood floors, they are cheaper, but have the same beautiful aesthetics and durability.
- Since the surface of laminate floors is smooth, dust and dirt can not accumulate on them. This makes them an excellent choice for people suffering from dust-related allergies.
Disadvantages of laminate floors
Now let's take a look at the disadvantages the buyer should consider before buying laminate flooring.
- Laminate floors are not very environmentally friendly compared to other floor coverings such as hardwood floors. They contain plastics and plasticizers.
- If you want to lay laminate near damp areas, many manufacturers do not guarantee it.
- If your laminate floor is damaged at all, you can not rework or sand the flooring. The only way is to change the soil.
- If you want to lay laminate, you will also need an extra floor layer to minimize the noise level of pedestrian traffic.
Overall, laminate floors are an excellent option if you are looking for the aesthetics and longevity of hardwood floors, but they are cheaper. With regular care and maintenance, they can certainly give your home a unique touch.